Search This Blog

Friday 17 November 2017

It's Yule Christmas Card by Jules

Evening Crafters,

Another weekend is upon us, What do you have planned? I am going to the Christmas Markets in Harrogate for the first time and am very excited as they have over 200 stalls to look at :)




So its my turn with a project from this month's Goodie Box







I knew when I was choosing the contents for this box that I wanted to make a DL size Mixed Media card, as I haven't done one for a very long time.



  • I start with a piece of mount board slightly smaller than DL size and used the Texture Three stencil from the website with Prima Modelling Paste.


  • Next I stamped a Seth Apter stamp in clear sink and embossed with a Glitter embossing powder, to start the sparkly processing, Whilst doing this I also  embossed the Stag head from the box.

  • Taking a sheet of the 7 dots Papers I cut and distressed  the edges and covered with Prima's White Gold wax. I stuck this to a thick piece of cardboard for dimension

  • Then I starting some laying with one of the tags which also has the wax around the edges and cardboard for more dimension

    .
  • Next to be added, where the pomegranate stems, gold star, and some element for the 7 dots Studio sheet. At this stage before I added anything else I splatted white & black paint over the whole project.
  • I sprayed the large resin star with black Lindy's and highlighted again with the white gold wax.



  • I wanted lots of sparkle, so I took my gold glitter and sequins to dot around the project. I fixed these in place with Prima Soft gel and a paint brush.



  • Time to add the finishing items, this included my Scrapiniec chipboard, which I dusted with glitter glue, this was also added to the white flower. The remaining elements and Christmas greeting were added.
  • Once everything was dry I attached to a bright yellow card blank.


My finished card


I do hope you enjoyed the project ans can leave a nice comment.

Jules xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment