Search This Blog

Saturday 18 November 2017

Tartan Tags By Teresa Morgan

Hello Crafters 

Well I am having a busy day loading up products to the website for the Black Friday Sale next Friday, please be sure to check it out. 






Tonight Teresa is back with some Tartan Tags 









1. I was inspired to make some fabric Christmas tags using some of the beautiful embellishments in the November Goodie box. I also had a rummage through September's box and picked out a wooden robin and pretty brass leaf charm.



2. The tartan pieces are actually upholstery fabric swatches that I picked up earlier in the year - they were so festive and tactile, I thought they would work well with the contents of the Goodie Box. I cut some kraft card to fit the backs and glued into place to both cover the sticker and add some stiffness.



3. I cut some of the hessian and lace trim to fit across the tags and glued into place before adding some die cut ovals using the 7 Dots Studio papers.


4. I used some narrow green washi tape to bind my floral elements into a bunch (as I didn't have any florist's tape). I also die cut some foliage using one of my Sizzix dies.



5. I liked the natural wood of the stag's head but wanted to add a bit of interest so used Distress Ink around the edges.



6. I used silicon glue to assemble the tag - adding in an extra pomegranate stem to hide the washi tape.



7. For my second tag I bundled a couple of pomegranate stems with tape as before, and twirled the wire from the flower around a paintbrush handle to create a tendril.



8. Again, I used silicon glue to assemble the elements, tucking the star pick and some die cut foliage behind the die cut oval.


And here are the finished tags:



...and some close ups:


Well I have learnt some thing tonight and that's to tape stem embellishments together, I really never thought of that before, and I even have the tape. Thanks Teresa, I love these tags, the tartan works so well with the goodies from the box. 


Please leave a lovely comment to support our designers and thanks for looking. 

For more projects for Teresa please check out her blog http://thefatcactus.co.uk and You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChNbVhMz7jX66gevhKgz5Ig/feed 

Jules xx




No comments:

Post a Comment