Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Beach Hut Canvas by Chris

Hello Crafter's 

Chris is on the blog tonight with her Beach Hut canvas.   




Hi everyone, Chris Cresswell (aka artmadnana) here with my first project from this month's gorgeous Goody box: At the Sea! I thought last month's contents were scrumptious but this month's has me salivating! Absolutely loads to play with. Now, as soon as I combed through the delicious items my first project just leapt at me. Once I found the little canvas, I knew I wanted to make a layout of beach huts!





I started by painting the canvas with a blue chalk paint from PaperArtsy. It's an opaque paint so only needed one coat. 





I chose this colour to closely resemble the colour of the tissue paper that Julie wraps the box and items in as I wanted to use this for the background. I cut one of the large sheets Julie includes into four pieces, then scrunched them up tightly before laying them out flat again. Using matte medium I then adhered three of the cut pieces to the canvas, squishing each layer to create various ridges for added texture. 




I then smeared 'Forget-me-not' Archival ink over the surface, catching the ridges, once it had dried. This varied the colours slightly, hoping to create a watery sea-like background. Now to add a beach! This was made by just cutting a strip off one of the yellow/orange Graphic 45 paper sheets included in this month's box, and edged with archival ink in 'Dandelion'. 




I then took some of the burlap/jute from the box to cut and fray a strip long enough to cover the yellow strip of card. I attached this with matte medium. A sticky affair! Beach complete. Now I needed to make a template for my beach huts to ensure they would all be the same size. Why are we all so in love with beach huts??





Now the fun part! Cutting out and gluing beach huts from the gorgeous choice of Graphic 45 papers included this month. You get twelve 6" X 6" sheets to choose from and they are all wonderful. I added little doors and some bunting too. 



Cute aren't they? Julie has included generous lengths of different colour string this time. The turquoise was perfect for the bunting but slightly too thick. So I untangled the strands and just glued the flags onto one strand. Perfect. The colours in the papers are just delicious. Now, all that was needed to complete this summer scene was to choose from the multitude of shells, gems, charms and other ephemera to bring the beach to life. And I still have so much left to make several more items yet! Hope you like it! There are more photos on my blog if you want to pop over! 



Thanks Chris, I love this canvas and the huts are super cute, especially with the little doors.


We have just 8 boxes left, so if you would like one please click here

Thanks for visiting and hope you can leave a nice comment. 

Thanks 

Jules xx



1 comment:

  1. Lovely canvas, great attention to detail and very inspiring ! Gorgeous colours too :)

    ReplyDelete