Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

August Box By the Sea Tag

Hello, Hope you are having a fab weekend.

 I have been raiding the contents of my Aug Goodie box "by the sea" to make this large tag. If you would like a box the are availble from my website www.artfuldays.co.uk



So I started with a large tag and added some Prima Modelling paste through a word stencil. 


Next I painted the whole tag with Prima white gesso and then started using a range of acrylic paints for the colour and kept blending 


Ok so I got total carried away with creating and forgot to take anymore photos, duh!!

Using some of the denim from the free pack I roughly cut a star and distressed the side with scissors, there's a meter of jute in the box so I pulled some strands out and made it more rustic before sticking on the bottom of the tag.

I took one of the card pieces and added some paint around the edges and some Glossy Accents over the sea and left to crack. TIP...heat drying doesn't seem to work, leave to dry naturally

Next I took one of the coffee stirrers from the free pack, broke and glued to make a little beach sign.
Then it was a case of adding the bronze star fish (I just love these), shells, button, some Prima Art Stones and adding a really light coat of white gesso to highlight and finished with some bling for the box.






I have to say I love the results, please join me over the next week or 2 for loads more inspiration on using your August Goodie Boxfrom our talented design team.

Till next time, happy crafting.

Jules xx 












3 comments:

  1. Oh I do love this Julie. I really love the little boat pic and adore the way you group all those lovelies into the bottom right hand corner. The eye travels easily down the tag like a wave. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag love all tv elements and the colours. Great idea making the sign from a coffee stirrer/lolly stick. I'm intrigued and will pop over to look at the goodie box xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant, I can almost hear the waves !

    ReplyDelete