Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 July 2016

"Together" from Chris DT Member

Hello phew its been a hot one today, hope you have all been keeping cool :) 

Tonight on the blog we have Chris with some more inspiration on how to use some on the products in the July goodie box, if you would like to buy one click to link here 







Hi everyone. Chris here, to show you my first project made with some of the delicious contents of July's Goodie box. There is so much to choose from! I used one of the two 6" x 6" grey board surfaces to create a vintage-feel layout, featuring one of the Tim Holtz 'Found Relatives' photo cards you get in this month's box of goodies. 






Having gessoed the grey board first, and using matte medium, I glued down some ripped fragments torn from the sheet of tissue, dictionary papers and packaging to create a textured background.


When it was dry, I gessoed over it again with a fairly watery white gesso. 


Then, using the Distress pen marker in Aged Mahogany, I scribbled some colour firmly onto a craft sheet (using the brush end) and then added some water to make quite a watery puddle of ink. I dipped a thin, round brush into this and splattered the puddled ink across the gessoed background. This Aged Mahogany is a gorgeous colour! 


By cutting, tearing and die-cutting some of the papers, cards and fabric inside the box, I created a pleasing layout on top of the background. I made sure to ink all the edges with the brush tip of the distress marker before I glued everything down with matte medium again. I cut down the photo card to fit inside the aperture I'd created, then rounded off the corners.


All I needed to complete the layout was to select and add some of the gorgeous embellishments from the goodie box ( and there are lots to choose from) and one of the die-cut words. And voila! 

I do hope you like it. I'll be posting three more projects that I was inspired to make from the July Goodie box on Thursday evening. Same time. I do hope you can join me here, Chris :)


Thanks Chis, a fantastic post. I love die cut circle and the way you have used the distress marker. 

Thanks for looking and I hope you can leave a nice comment 

Jules xx



No comments:

Post a Comment